What is BORDA's Purpose & function?
- • BORDA is a professional organisation looking after the interest of it's Members with well developed standards and expertise.
- • Any Commercial Organisation that offers Off Road Driving Activity Events recognised by BORDA can apply to join.
- • BORDA is a not for profit, democratic association with an Elected Committee
- • Projects and policies are set at our Annual Meeting each year
- • BORDA has a website to promote the Association and it's Accredited Members
- • BORDA is Authorised under Statute 1371 of the Road Traffic Act 1992 through the International Organisation of Professional Drivers (IOPD) for Off Highway Motorised Events.
What Benefits does BORDA offer it's Members?
- • Recognised Standards
- • Industry leading Codes of Practice for:
- • Health & Safety
- • The Environment
- • Corporate Events
- • Owner Driving Days
- • Training for ORD & ATV that are often specified by Utilities and Major Companies.
- • Publicity through the Website for Accredited Members
- • A Train the Trainer programme to equip Trainers with the necessary Training Skills.
- • Support and Advice
What Catagories of Membership does BORDA have?
- • Provisional
- • Accredited
- • Associate (Non Operators but contribute technical work to BORDA)
- • Affiliate (licensed to use BORDA's Codes of Practice but are not Operators) offering Training Courses through BORDA Accredited Members
What Training Events does BORDA offer the public?
- • 3 levels of HSE & PUWER compliant Off-Road Driver Training with Nationally recognised Certificates of Training and Certificates of Proficiency (available from September 2013)
- • 3 levels of HSE & PUWER compliant ATV training with Nationally recognised Certificates of Training
- • HSE & PUWER compliant vehicle mounted winch training with Nationally recognised Certificates of Training
Are these Training Events Recognised?
Yes, many operators specify BORDA Training and the IOPD, BORDA's authorising body, is the Governing Association for Off Highway Motorised Events.
What is the IOPD
The (IOPD) International Organisation of Professional Drivers is Authorised by the Secretary of State for the Regulation of Off Highway auto events and is one of the Authorised bodies for the industry sector.