CP 9993 Off Road ATV Training:
BORDA's standard for training ATV operators
The objective is to equip drivers / riders with the very latest skills and knowledge to operate an ATV in off highway conditions for work and private use.
• Basic, Standard, Higher & Loads & Implements Is the Associations minimum recommended standard for operating an ATV under day light conditions and may require further training for specific conditions, machines and equipment. .
• Requires continuous close supervision from a BORDA Accredited Trainer
• Recommended Training Ratios
• 2:1 ratio with 1 or 2 machines
• 4:1 ratio with minimum of 2 machines
BORDA recognises 4 levels of ATV Training
• For operating ATV's on mild gradients with reasonable traction. CP 9993 Units 1 - 4
• Course duration around half day
• For operating ATV's on moderate gradients with reasonable traction. CP 9993 Units 1 - 5
• Basic Level must be completed prior to attempting the Standard Level. Course duration around one day
• For operating ATV's on steep gradients where traction may be lost. CP9993 Units 1 - 6
• Basic & Standard Levels must be completed before attempting Higher Level.
• Requires good competence at Standard Level and involves advanced techniques in higher risk situations.
• Course duration around two days.
Loads & Implements:
• For operating ATV's with loads and towing equipment CP9993 Units 7 & 8
• Can be added to any level , course duration around half day.
• BORDA's recommended maximum gradients to operate an un loaded ATV assuming reasonable grip and run out areas: Straight ascent / descent 30 degrees. Side slope 20 degrees: SUBJECT to manufacturers limits of operation
• Always refer to manufacturers handbook for specific operational limits which will overrule advice given in CP9993